ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING: SATURDAY AUGUST 7, 2021
The BCGECSS AGM took place on August 7, during the wind-up event. To see the meeting minutes, agenda, financial statements and other reports, visit Documents.
JULY 24 UPDATE
Scrimmages: The city has asked us to shorten our scrimmage booking by 15 minutes to 8:30, in order to accommodate other users in August. Scrimmages will be about 55 minutes to accommodate a short changeover from 7:25-7:35 pm.
Scrimmage Schedule (PDF)
JULY 17 UPDATES
Based on fee reductions from BC Soccer, team fees have been reduced to $1200. Please arrange payment with the BCGECSS Treasurer, Gareth Crisp.
See 2021 Schedule to access schedules for both the August 7 wind-up event and August scrimmages.
The wind-up event will consist of two games each for 11 teams, along with the annual general meeting. Details to come.
Outstanding rosters are due. These are needed for insurance and BC Soccer registration.
EXTREME HEAT AND PLAYER SAFETY
The league is following a heat protocol that is more conservative than BC Soccer's protocol. Whenever game time temperatures exceed 25 degrees C, two water breaks of five minutes are provided, halfway through each half. The five minutes are deducted from each half. The halfs may be further shortened at the request of the managers, or the discretion of the referee.
Also, please review BC Soccer's Extreme Heat Guidelines (PDF).
CURRENT COVID-19 PRECAUTIONS
See BC Soccer's Return to Play Information for complete details.
- Physical distancing is not required on the field of play, including bench area. This allows for handshakes if players are comfortable doing that.
- Two metres between people is still required outside the field of play, other than the bench area. This includes post-game social time.
- Keep a participant record and when participation occurred. This is the manager's duty: keep records for 30 days.
- Remind all players to bring their own water bottles and do not share. Players may share common equipment: balls, cones, flags, etc.
- Up to 50 people per 1 regular 11v11 full-size soccer field including bench area. This includes all participants, coaches, referees and others (no distancing).
- Up to 50 spectators spaced around a regular 11v11 full-size soccer field. This isn't usually an issue at our games!